The Northern Rivers continues to benefit from strong international traveller numbers, according to the latest International Visitor Survey data.
Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said the latest results showed the Northern Rivers continued to be a major tourist hotspot for international travellers.
“In the year to June 2018 we’ve seen 422,760 international visitors flock to the region,” he said.
“We are the sixth most popular destination for international visitors after the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Blue Mountains, the Great Ocean Road and the Great Barrier Reef.
“We’ve got some great attractions in our community and it’s clear they are major drawcards for international visitors.
“This is great news for our community. More international travellers means more people in our local restaurants, staying in our local hotels and visiting our local tourist attractions.”
The international visitor survey results show a record 8.4 million international travellers flocked to our shores over the last year and spent record amounts with travellers injecting $42.5 billion into the local economy.
The latest International Visitor Survey results are available at: www.tra.gov.au.
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding