In response to the devastating bushfires, the Coalition Government has today announced measures to immediately support impacted small businesses. Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said what we’re doing today is increasing the grant from $15,000, which is being done with the state governments, now up to $50,000 for affected small businesses. “We’ll also be…
DROUGHT AND FIRE ASSISTANCE
As our community continues to face challenges with both the drought and fires, I want to ensure everyone is aware of the assistance that is available.
You, or you may know of a neighbour or friend who could benefit from this information.
- Farmers and small businesses that have been hit by the bushfires can now access recovery grants of up to $15,000. To apply for a recovery grant, primary producers and small businesses should contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit www.raa.nsw.gov.au.
- The Disaster Recovery Payment provides $1000 for adults and $400 for children. The payment will help people whose homes have been severely damaged or destroyed. Payments are available now and eligibility can be checked at www.humanservices.gov.au/disaster or by calling 180 22 66
- Members of our community, who have lost their income as a direct result of the bushfires, may be eligible for income support via the Disaster Recovery Allowance. Payments are available now and eligibility can be checked at www.humanservices.gov.au/disaster or by calling 180 22 66
- The Farm Household Allowance (FHA), is there to help our farmers through periods of hardship, providing 4 years of income assistance. Payments are available now and eligibility can be checked by calling 132 316 or online at www.humanservices.gov.au/farm-household-allowance
- Emergency fodder is available for those landholders impacted by bushfires, please call the Agricultural & Animal Services hotline on 1800 814 647.
The Rural Financial Counselling Service is a free confidential service. They give farmers individual confidential advice in regard to the assistance available.
As part of their service, they can help farmers identify financial and business options, negotiate with lenders and identify other assistance schemes. Our local Rural Financial Counselling Service at Casino can be contacted on 6662 5055.
- The Mental Health Line is a 24-hour telephone service operating seven days a week 1800 011 511
For those that require assistance I encourage you to apply.