Kyogle Council received a $1.3 million Federal Government grant to assist with bushfire recovery. Council has distributed this through various businesses and community organisations.
Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan has announced some of the recipients in Mallanganee.
Mr Hogan said the funds were provided to Council to assist with the local-led recovery efforts.
“The recent bushfires devastated our community and it is important we rebuild together.” He said.
“This funding will provide much needed economic stimulus to our businesses and organisations.”
“I would like to congratulate Kyogle Council on the way they have distributed the money.”
Recipients in Mallanganee include:
- $5,000 to Mallanganee Hall Committee for a dishwasher, stove and instant hot water.
- $5,000 to Mallanganee Pub for safeguarding jobs.
- $25,000 to Wild West Store Mallanganee for fixing the cold room floor, re-cover the main shop floor, fix trims, replace shelving and repaint inside.
- $4,984 to to convert an old convent in Mallanganee to accommodation.
- $7,700 to Little Cambridge for an air conditioner in the kitchen, two outside arbours and outdoor lighting.