Kyogle Council received a $1.3 million Federal Government grant to assist with bushfire recovery. Council has distributed this through various businesses and community organisations.
Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan today announced some of the recipients in Bonalbo.
Mr Hogan said the funds were provided to Council to assist with the local-led recovery efforts.
“The recent bushfires devastated our community and it is important we rebuild together.” He said.
“This funding will provide much needed economic stimulus to our businesses and organisations.”
“I would like to congratulate Kyogle Council on the way they have distributed the money.”
Recipients in Bonalbo include:
- $21,610 to Bonalbo RFS for a demountable RFS training/operations room
- $25,000 to Bonalbo Service Station for external works to upgrade food service.
- $5,000 to Bonalbo Post Office for repairs to fencing and building.
- $5,000 to Bonalbo B&B for painting and floor coverings.
- $18,000 to Bonalbo Hardware for a mural on side of shop, installation of laundromat, fix external doors and refurbish ornate internal doors.
$25,000 to Bonalbo Bowling Club for solar panels and painting the outside of the building.