More young people will be able to participate in Woolgoolga’s Little Athletics after the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan announced a grant to purchase new equipment to upgrade the grounds.
“Woolgoolga Athletics came to me because much of its equipment was very old and no longer meets the standard needed to train athletes,” he said.
“These limitations mean its Little Athletics, which is now almost at capacity, cannot continue to grow.
“We all know that it is important to exercise so I was happy to organise this grant of almost $3000 for the club to purchase the new equipment to improve its training facilities.
“It is a wonderful club. Just last weekend eight of its junior members qualified for the NSW State Athletics Championships.”
Woolgoolga Athletics Club president Jasmine Bennett said the club currently has about 30 senior and 20 junior members.
“We are a not-for-profit so every dollar in support we get like this grant is very important. It helps to keep us going and growing.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Co-funding $7 million upgrade of Clarence Way
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Expansion of Summerland House Farm
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place