2021 has seen us face many challenges as a community, but I am extremely proud of our resilience and our ability to care for each other.
Just this year, I have been able to secure over $118 million in Federal Government funding for our electorate.
These include sporting upgrades such as:
- $1.8 million for Grafton Rowing Club,
- $4.5 million for a new Kyogle Multipurpose Centre, and
- $7.8 million for Woolgoolga Pool.
There has been significant investment for new community infrastructure. These include:
- $11 million for a Community Hub in Yamba,
- $9.8 million for Northern Rivers Rail Trail,
- $4.9 million for Maclean Community Precinct,
- $2.5 million for Nimbin Walking Trail,
- $1.3 million for Casino Drill Hall precinct, and
- $400,000 for Evans Head’s Razorback Lookout.
Funding also included $4.5 million shared across 30 landcare projects, $35 million for road safety improvements, industry support, money to increase tourism, and help for volunteer organisations.
I would like to congratulate and thank each of the organisations we are partnering with. Together we are creating jobs and delivering important services and infrastructure for our community.
This figure doesn’t include the economic support for families and businesses to help our community recover from COVID-19. Programs such as JobKeeper ($90b), Instant Asset Write-Off, JobMaker Hiring Credit, HomeBuilder, JobSeeker, First Home Loan Deposit Scheme, and bringing forward tax cuts.
Thank you all for your support in ensuring our community remains safe and strong. Let’s look towards 2022 with hope and optimism in our region’s future.
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community: https://www.kevinhogan.com.au/projects-delivered/