Riverview Park in South Lismore is about to get a make-over thanks to a grant of $60,000, Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said.
“This is great news for community groups and residents who use Riverview Park on a regular basis,” he said.
“The existing change room couldn’t be used due to it being structurally unsound.
“There was also a lack of shade for the area, which meant it was not ideal for young families to enjoy a barbeque or have their children play.
“I was able to obtain a grant through the Community Development Grants Programme which will upgrade the toilet block, making it safe to use.
“A covered area will also be constructed over the barbeques.
“This means community and sporting groups, such as Little Athletics, families and children will be sun-safe while enjoying such an important community asset as Riverview Park.”
Lismore Mayor Isaac Smith said Sporting clubs are the lifeblood of our communities.
“ I am thrilled that the Federal Government has announced funding to improve the Riverview Park facilities,” he said.
“This funding is also great news for the many clubs and families that use and enjoy Riverview Park. Furthermore, as a city we have built a reputation as a regional sporting hub and every piece of sporting infrastructure we can build or improve helps further cement that position.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Co-funding $7 million upgrade of Clarence Way
- $6 million for upgrade of Crozier and Oakes Oval
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Expansion of Summerland House Farm
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place