Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan today welcomed the Government’s funding boost of $51.8 million for mental health care of young Australians.
“I want young people to know they are not alone on their journey, and that we’re backing them with quality frontline support,” he said.
“That is why I have opened a headspace in both Grafton and Lismore since 2013. We have also introduced an outreach programme so that young people from Kyogle and Casino do not need to travel to Lismore for help.
“This is a good start, but more needs to be done to help younger members of our community.
“I will be talking to the Minister for Heath Greg Hunt to get more funding for our existing services so that we can reach even more young people in need.
“With an unprecedented $4.7 billion invested in mental health this year alone, our funding boost will help headspace meet the increasing demands for their services, today and in coming years.”
Major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Record health funding
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex