The new Campbell Bridge and Hyde Bridge were opened today along the Lynches Creek Road and an announcement made for two more bridges by the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan.
“The two new bridges on Lynches Creek Road are both concrete two- span bridges,” he said.
“Their upgrade has been done at a cost of $1.9 million and was funded on a 50/50 basis by the Federal Government and Kyogle Council.
“Two more bridges will be funded under Round 4 of the Bridges Renewal Program at a total cost of $3 million.
“The latest bridge funding announcements are for Hootons Bridge on Hootons Road and Mathews Bridge on Green Pigeon Road.
“The Government will fund $1.3 million of this project.” Mr Hogan said.
Kyogle Council Mayor Cr Danielle Mulholland said they were delighted to once again partner with the Federal Government to deliver two new bridges.
“Our focus continues to be on improving connectivity and accessibility for residents, ratepayers and visitors to ensure the area’s future prosperity,” she said.
“We look forward to continuing to work with the Federal Government for the benefit of the Kyogle Local Government Area.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Co-funding $7 million upgrade of Clarence Way
- $6 million for upgrade of Crozier and Oakes Oval
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Expansion of Summerland House Farm
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place