The announcement of funding for the replacement of two bridges was made today by the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan.
“The two timber bridges were in need of replacing,” he said.
“The first bridge is on Kungala Road and is a single lane timber bridge that will be replaced with a two lane reinforced concrete bridge. It will be replaced at a cost of $689,030 with the Government contributing $344,515.
“The second bridge is on Sherwood Creek Road and is a single lane timber bridge to be replaced with a single lane reinforced concrete bridge. It will be replaced at a cost of $570,750 with the Government contributing $285,375.
Clarence Valley Mayor, Jim Simmons said both bridges were decades old, approaching the end of their lives and required regular and costly maintenance.
“New structures would greatly reduce ongoing maintenance costs and remove any need for load limits to be applied,” he said.
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Co-funding $7 million upgrade of Clarence Way
- $6 million for upgrade of Crozier and Oakes Oval
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Expansion of Summerland House Farm
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place