Surf lifesavers will be able to more quickly respond to swimmers in distress this coming summer after the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan announced a grant for the purchase of a Rescue Jetski by Surf Life Saving Far North Coast.
“Our volunteer lifesavers do a terrific job keeping our community safe in the water and it is important that we provide them equipment to do their jobs,” he said.
“Surf Life Saving Far North Coast came to me asking for help to purchase a Rescue Jet Ski so they could respond to potentially life-threatening situations quicker.
“I was happy to secure a grant of more than $8000 that will be matched by the volunteer organisation.
“Not only will the new Jetski help it to get to swimmers who are in difficulty, it will also be used for Shark mitigation.
“The new Jetski will be used around the Yamba and Evans Head area.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place