Local farmers and community groups can apply for grants of between $5000 and $200,000 to develop and implement smart farming practices, Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said.
“The Government is supporting our local farmers and community groups to make a real difference,” Mr Hogan said.
“I know there is a lot of work being done locally to support smart farming practices and to protect and improve natural resources.
“This is a chance for locals to receive funding and build on the work they’ve already started.
“We are providing funding for new projects to improve our soil, biodiversity and vegetation.
“They will also help support water security and promote climate-smart farming.
“The first round of our Smart Farms Small Grants program was highly competitive and I strongly encourage those who missed out to apply again.
“The future of local agriculture lies in sustainable farming and land management, and we want to help kick that along.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place