The Coraki Caravan Park Amenities are about to get a make-over, Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said.
“The upgrade of the Caravan Park is great news for tourists who come to visit and stay in Coraki,” he said.
“The grant of $550,000 will include the replacement of the old existing facility at the Park.
“It will also provide all-ability access to showers, laundry and a camp kitchen.
“The upgrade will make it more attractive for visitors to Coraki.
“This in turn will provide more customers for the local businesses.”
Richmond Valley Mayor Robert Mustow said Council was grateful for the funding towards new amenities at the Coraki Riverside Caravan Park, and appreciated Kevin Hogan’s support.
Cr Mustow said a Council decision to bring the park into conformity with the requirements of the Local Government Act proved to be the right one with the park going from strength to strength.
He said Council had invested substantially in the landscaping of the park grounds, as well as along the riverfront.
He said camping and caravanning were part of Australian life and Council needed to make sure the Coraki Riverside Caravan Park kept pace with growing visitor demand.
“The Coraki Riverside Caravan Park is no longer our well-kept secret, with more and more people choosing to spend time here,” Cr Mustow said.
“The Australian Government’s funding provides Council with the opportunity to provide a better holiday experience for tourists, which also delivers a real benefit to the Coraki community.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Co-funding $7 million upgrade of Clarence Way
- $6 million for upgrade of Crozier and Oakes Oval
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Expansion of Summerland House Farm
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place