People living with a disability visiting the North Coast National – Lismore Showground will have access to more suitable toilets and showers after the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan announced a grant to upgrade its amenities.
“Many disabled people visit the Showground every year, with weekly visits by disabled children who are part of Red INC’s Pony Riding Club,” he said.
“However, the existing amenities can be difficult to use, particularly for the children.
“The North Coast National – Lismore Showground Committee came to me asking to help secure funding for the installation of two new disabled toilets and showers.
“The installation of these new facilities is great news for our disabled community, and for the wider community who can also use them, creating a more inclusive environment.
The grant of almost $12,000 under the Building Stronger Communities program will be matched by the North Coast National – Lismore Showground.
John Gibson, President of the North Coast National – Lismore Showground Committee, thanked Mr Hogan for his support.
“We want to make sure all members of the community can enjoy using this community asset,” he said.
“It is going to make a big difference for many in the community.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place