Casino’s St Mary’s Catholic College will get a new $5.5 million state-of-art Science Block thanks to a Government grant announced today by the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan.
“The old science C block dates back to the late 1960’s and doesn’t meet the current needs of students or teachers,” he said.
“When the school came to me asking for help, I secured a $3.6 million grant.
“Making sure our students are educated for the future, means teaching is now much more than a blackboard and piece of chalk.
“The new building will include classrooms that can easily be reconfigured to meet teaching needs and STEM General Learning collaborative spaces.
“This really is a great outcome for students and teachers.
“Demolition of the old C block is due to start at the end of next year, with construction beginning in the first half of 2020.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place