The capacity of the Northern Co-operative Meat Company Ltd (NCMC) just got a boost with a $1.5 million Government Grant for new equipment, the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said.
“The NCMC employs 1,000 people and this grant will secure their jobs and create further local jobs.
“This investment of $3 million will increase the capacity of the Meatworks from 125 head per hour to 200 per hour.” he said.
“The new infrastructure will enable skilled employees to be deployed into other production areas, meanwhile NCMC can continue to upskilll new and existing employees.”
Chief Executive Officer Simon Stahl said these current investments by the Government in regional towns are critical to keep manufacturing in regional areas.
“The investments will allow us to free up skilled workers to train new employees,” he said.
“One of the biggest threats to the manufacturing industry is lack of skills and adequate labour.
“This project will enable us to improve these areas.”
NCMC will match the funding for the $3.1 million project.
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Co-funding $7 million upgrade of Clarence Way
- $6 million for upgrade of Crozier and Oakes Oval
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Expansion of Summerland House Farm
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place