Disaster recovery assistance is now available to the Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Richmond Valley, Lismore, and Kyogle local government areas following the severe storms and floods.
Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said funding is available through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
“Severe weather and flooding has caused significant damage to roads, businesses and residential properties, with our councils now starting the clean-up work and repairs to infrastructure,” Mr Hogan said.
“We’re prepared to do what it takes to further assist councils in their response to the devastating storms and major floods impacting individuals and communities across our region.”
Assistance available under the DRFA may include:
- support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
- help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers, and
- grants to eligible non-profit organisations.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact Service NSW on 13 77 88. To apply for a concessional loan or grant, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit www.raa.nsw.gov.au
Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website at www.disasterassist.gov.au and Service NSW at disasterassistance.service.nsw.gov.au