Casino Swimming Pool will undergo a $3.2 million upgrade if the Government is re-elected, Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said today.
“This is great news for the community,” he said.
“The upgrade will include a renewal of the pool area.
“The plant and pump will be refurbished so the pool can be heated during winter.
“The change rooms will also get an upgrade, a new wet play space created and the area landscaped.
“The upgrade will ensure the future of this very important community asset which is used by many community groups and local schools for their swimming carnivals every year.
“I know many families and residents will enjoy the benefits of the pool.”
Richmond Valley Council Mayor Robert Mustow described today’s funding promise as a tremendous win for the local community.
Cr Mustow said Council recognised substantial investment was needed to allow the pool to function appropriately and meet the needs of the community.
He said with Casino being an inland town, the swimming pool was an important recreational facility to ensure our community was a great place to live, but funding it was expensive.
“Today’s announcement is a step in the right direction as Council is battling to keep up with the cost of upgrading the ageing Casino pool facility,” Cr Mustow said.
“The $3.2 million announced today will allow Council to undertake a vital renewal of the pool’s filtration system, among other works. It will allow us to take the first step to completing the master plan.
“We sought community input last year on the best way the Casino Memorial Pool could be redeveloped and we were inundated with suggestions. This to me says residents are fully aware that community facilities, such as swimming pools, play an important role within local communities.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Co-funding $7 million upgrade of Clarence Way
- $6 million for upgrade of Crozier and Oakes Oval
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Grant for Casino Meatworks
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Expansion of Summerland House Farm
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place