Court 2 at the Ulmarra Tennis Club will be levelled and resurfaced with synthetic grass thanks to a Federal Government grant of almost $15,000, the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said.
“Court 2 was a bit old and worn. The Club came to me asking for help to bring it up to date,” he said.
“The new surface will improve playing conditions and also attract new members.
“This wonderful news for the club and the community.
“It is a key priority of our government to promote the social and health benefits of physical activity and sport and this investment to upgrade the court will provide a real encouragement for community members to get active.”
Club President Ted Niland said: “We are truly excited and very appreciative to receive 50% grant funding for a resurfaced synthetic grass court.
“This court will assist to build a stronger community through continued participation of Ulmarra Tennis Club’s mid-week social night comp.
“The resurfaced court will also be utilized with Clarence Social Tennis Group’s Saturday afternoon comp with teams from Junction Hill, Waterview Heights and Coutts Crossing.
“We believe tennis is a great opportunity for people of all ages to build friendships, be active and be part of the local community.
“Ulmarra Tennis Club would like to thank Kevin Hogan MP Federal Member for Page and our current members for their contributions and efforts to have this project come to fruition.
New members to Ulmarra Tennis Club are always welcomed and can email ulmarratennisclub@gmail for more information.
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Co-funding $7 million upgrade of Clarence Way
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Expansion of Summerland House Farm
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place