Help is at hand for members of our community who are struggling with their finances, particularly as Christmas approaches, Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said.
“Families can fall into financial distress, particularly with Christmas only a few months away,” he said.
“That is why the Government is providing $881,000 to the Lismore and District Financial Counselling Service to help families get their finances back on track.
“All of the services are free, voluntary and confidential. They help people who want to sort their budgets out.
“These services are one-on-one, offer intensive support and boost employment readiness.
“The services support other things we’re doing, such as our recent announcement of $50m to combat problem gambling.”
Major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding