The livelihoods of our local dairy and cattle farmers would be destroyed under a Greens idea that cattle don’t belong in Australia the Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said.
Statements by a local Greens candidate that “Cattle don’t belong on this land”, shows how out of touch he and his party are from our community. “More than 6000 local jobs would be lost,” Mr Hogan said.
He promotes a link saying we should be substituting Cattle and Sheep for Kangaroos!
“The jobs of more than 1200 people at the Casino Meatworks would be lost, the 850 jobs at Norco would be lost and the income of our cattle farmers would be decimated if our small farmers are destroyed by such poor and ill-thought out Greens idea” he said.
“Agriculture, dominated by cattle and dairy, directly employ more than 6000 people across our community.
“Even more indirect jobs would be lost and many local businesses dependent on the dairy and cattle industry would be forced to close their doors.
“Beef alone contributes more than $135 million to our local economy, and in communities like Kyogle makes up more than 66 per cent of its agricultural production and more than half of Clarence Valley’s production.
“Last year, Norco achieved sales worth $590 million – this would be lost to its 220 farmer members and our community.
“Across Australia, beef production is worth $11.4 billion. Dairy is worth $3.7 billion.
“We have many local families in cattle production and dairy farming in our community. I’m behind every farmer and I’ll fight this all the way.”
Some of the major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct
- Casino Drill Hall Precinct
- More In-Home and Residential Aged Care place