Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan is pleased to announce that Woollam Constructions has been awarded the Tender to redevelop the Emergency Department (ED) at Casino & District Memorial Hospital.
“It is well known that the current ED at Casino Hospital has poor space utilisation and in need of a major upgrade,” he said. “The Coalition Government has provided $3 million to the Northern NSW Local Health District to fund this redevelopment.”
The ED redevelopment will include:
- A new Triage area
- Two new Resuscitation Bays
- Ambulance Entry to be redesigned for all weather and safer entry and exit of Ambulances
- Four new Treatment Bays
- The Waiting Area to be relocated in close proximity to Reception and Triage
- Piped medical gasses to be provided to the ED Resuscitation Bays
- A multifunctional Safe Assessment Room
- A dedicated ED Staff Room
- A Public Toilet in closer proximity to the Waiting Room and in view of the Reception/Triage areas
- A refurbished Clean Utility Room
- Improved security of the entire ED.
The Project Architectural and Project Management packages were let to Granatelli and Stone, Architects, who completed the design phase of the program.
The Tender was awarded to Woollam Construction which has Offices in Ballina and employs local Tradesmen.
“This is fantastic news for the Casino ED staff, who have been working in difficult conditions for some time now. This upgrade of the Casino Hospital ED will assist the staff to attend to patients in a more timely way and therefore, be of great benefit to patients and staff,” Mr Hogan said.