Kyogle’s rugby league players and visiting teams now have access to new toilets and a new dressing room after an upgrade of Kyogle Rugby League Club’s facilities, Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan said today.
“These new facilities had been on the club’s wishlist for a while so when they mentioned them to me I organised a Building Stronger Communities grant,” he said.
“The Kyogle New Park Grounds is currently used by about 400 players in the Kyogle Senior and Junior Rugby League clubs, Kyogle Touch Association, Little League and several other organisations.
“The new change rooms and toilets mean the club can now also be part of the newly created Northern Rivers Womens League Tag competition.
“This is a terrific result and I would like to congratulate the club and all those involved in this upgrade of facilities.”
Club president Simon Tough said the upgraded facilities were “great for local families”.
“The old toilets and dressing rooms were run down and difficult to clean. The new facilities are also much more secure,” he said.
“We wanted these new facilities for a long time but didn’t have the funds. I would like to thank Kevin Hogan who made sure this grant was successful.”
Major projects Kevin Hogan has delivered for our community include:
- $15 million for expansion of Norco’s Ice-cream factory
- $17 million in grants for nine job-creating projects
- More than 300 new Aged Care beds
- New Headspace in Grafton
- Redevelopment of Oakes Oval.
- New Northern Rivers Regional Art Gallery
- Expanded North Coast Regional Hockey Complex
- Maclean Riverside Precinct
- Casino Amphitheatre
- Southern Cross Lads Safe Driving Course
- Woolgoolga Surf Life Saving Club
- Wollongbar Club House
- Kyogle Aquatic Centre
- Upgrade of Casino Saleyard
- Sealed road to Toonumbar Dam
- Repair of Woodburn to Coraki Road
- Coffs Harbour bypass
- Revitalisation of Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall
- Major upgrade of Culmaran Creek Road
- Upgrade of Harwood Mill and Refinery
- Replacing 20 wooden bridges in Kyogle
- Upgraded Albert Park Baseball Complex
- Upgrade of Casino Hospital Emergency Department
- Six new Trade Training Centres
- Record bulk billing rates
- Record funding for our local schools
- Record health funding